Saturday, September 1, 2012

Not My Week

On Tuesday (you know, when I got around to posting the 7 Sunday Snapshots) I apologized for not writing for a while. At the time I had a cold and was starting my work week, but little did I know what was about to come.

Don't worry, nothing that crazy happened and sometimes when I think that my life is busy these days I remember being in grad school with a newborn and just say prayers of thankfulness over and over again. But on Tuesday night during the Zumba class that I teach I pulled a muscle in my back. Yep - it made me feel kind of lame and very old. I don't really know how it happened... but I am blaming it on all of the working out I have been doing lately (!!) combined with the huge increase in lifting and holding Lydia, and sitting on the floor with her as she climbs all over me. She isn't a fan of sitting still all by herself with her toys, so I am definitely moving around more and more with her everyday. Mostly, I think it was just kind of a fluke but it hurt really badly.

After pulling the muscle I tried to hide it and I finished teaching my class. I got home and immediately put a heating pad on the pain and took a few ibuprofen. That night I didn't sleep at all because I couldn't get comfortable in any position. I also couldn't pick Lydia up out of her crib or lay her back down after I had nursed her, so David didn't get much sleep either. Wednesday and Thursday were rough as I realized how much I used my back to do everything, and how difficult it is to not have full mobility with an 8 month old.

Slowly but surely I am feeling better. At this point I feel pretty much healed, although at the moment I am sitting in bed with a heating pad again. Sometimes it just starts to hurt again and of course David is being awesome and allowing me to rest whenever I need it.

That was pretty much my week... but other than the injury things were really good. Lydia is just a joy to be around lately! And even though work obviously adds some stress and busyness to my week I am really enjoying it. I am excited that this weekend is a long one and that we have lots of plans to spend time with family.

Just wanted to keep you updated, and really, really I will try to start writing more regularly again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment