Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A loaded statement

A few mornings ago I was disappointed that I couldn't run because it was too cold outside. This brings up two things I have been wanting to write about lately:

1) It is fall!

I am not sure if it is a bad idea to state the obvious in a blog post, but the seasons are in fact changing and I just love it. All of the sudden it is the end of September, the mornings are cool, canned pumpkin is on the shelves and I get to wear scarves. Each year when summer begins to fade into fall I remember how much I love autumn, and how the changing of seasons is so exciting. It reminds me how seasons in life also come and go which is especially encouraging for me while David and I are in this in between time. Eventually things will change which is sad in some ways, but beautiful in others.

2) I want to run!

One day a few months ago I woke up and wanted to run, so I did... 2.5 miles no problem. Which is totally crazy for me. During my junior year of college I decided I wanted to be a runner, so I tried 4 times a week for an entire 10 months to run. People told me that it would take time to "hit my stride" and to get in "running shape", but that eventually it would feel good to run. Nope - not for me. I hated every minute that I ran. So, I decided that I would never run another day in my life. I like aerobics and power walking, and even though that may make me a little lame I had resigned to the fact that I just wasn't a runner. It seems that pregnancy and labor changed soooo many things about my body, one of which is how it responds to a jog. For the past couple months I have tried to run at least twice a week and I have been doing pretty well! I am working on speeding up the 2.5 miles a bit but mostly I am enjoying time to myself to listen to music, sweat and get a great workout. I hope to run a 10k in the spring, but we will see how running works out through the winter months.

Random post... but sometimes I just want to write about the little things that I am thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment