Thursday, November 29, 2012

He got a job!!

Yesterday we received the great news that David got a job! And not just any job...one he had been pursuing for almost 2 months. My hubby is now the in-house tax attorney for Grear and Company, a small accounting firm in Cincinnati. I couldn't be more proud!

Starting January 2nd he will start working full time for them, which means that we still get to spend the Christmas season as a family without worrying about work. My teaching positions are finished next week, and I am very much looking forward to doing some fun things together. Of course, the timing is pretty much perfect, and we are both so, so thankful for God's provision in our life.

Not only did David get a job, but I got a new one too! Next semester I will start teaching at a small, private college close to our house rather than at Gateway. I will trade in long division for Calculus, which is pretty exciting, and I willl continue to teach college algebra at NKU. I am excited to be teaching exclusively at the college level, since that is what I went to school for, and I think my schedule will be better too. I will spend a little more time away from Lydia, but my schedule will be consistent each day and I will be home by 12:30, which will help bring more routine into both of our lives. Also, my prep time will be built into the time that I am away, so hopefully grading homework at night after Lydia goes to bed will be a thing of the past.

We are officially working toward something together again! Not that we ever stopped really, but I am just so happy that David gets to use all of his exciting, interesting, tax law knowledge now ;) Now onto looking for a car! We can't share ours forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment