Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back In The Swing

This past Thursday I got a huge surprise; and not a good one. After thinking that I had all the way until January 14th until my semester started I realized that classes start on the 7th at one of the schools. As in MONDAY. Needless to say I was really stressed, and also pretty upset at the news.

David started his job on Wednesday and he loves it, which is awesome. I, surprisingly, love it to. I definitely miss him during the day as does Lydia, but I have enjoyed the days that Lydia and I have gotten to spend together and I like having the responsibility of taking care of our home. I was so looking forward to having a full 12 days of adjustment before I also had to go back to work. Not to mention I was counting on all of next week to write syllabi, plan courses, go the DMV to register our new car, make a huge grocery run, etc. etc.

The biggest reason the news was hard though is because right now I really don't want to go back to work. That sounds like such an ungrateful and spoiled thing to say, but it is how I am feeling. Lydia is so much fun these days. She walks around, babbles non-stop, blows kisses, dances to music, makes funny faces, and sits in my lap. I love watching her act with intention and purpose and it is truly a joy to spend my day with her. Obviously we still have our rough moments, but as she goes to bed each night I look forward to when we can read books together again, or play the piano, or cook in her toy kitchen.

I am very thankful that I will only be working part-time, and that by 12:30 everyday I will be home with her playing, and taking care of her. I also know that she will be in great hands, and honestly she will most likely love the change of scenery each day.

After the initial freakout of Thursday, I am okay now. The syllabi are finished and I am working on lesson plans. I still have some things to get together tomorrow and I just have to accept the fact that I am not going to feel completely prepared for the semester to start. But I know that as always I, and Lydia, will adjust quickly and soon enough it will feel like normal life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment