Monday, January 14, 2013

While I have a minute...

I haven't been writing lately because we have been adjusting to a new schedule around here. Any hobbies usually go out the window for a while when a change in routine occurs, thus the blog has been pretty bleak. But while I have a minute between chasing a toddler and doing my best body bootcamp routine I thought I would pop in and at least say hello.

The adjustment to being away from Lydia 5 days a week has gone surprisingly well. She is perfectly behaved for all of her babysitters (aka grandmas and aunts), and I still feel like I get to see her throughout the day. I work every morning from 7:30-12:30 which is pretty much the best schedule if I have to work 25 hours a week. By 1 we are home, settled and ready to spend the day together and I love having the whole afternoon and early evening for Lydia and I. The hard adjustment has been waking up at 5:45 and leaving the house at 7:20 with a baby. Each night I kind of dread waking up so early, and the idea of talking in front of 30 people by 8 am seems so exhausting. But once I get to work I really do enjoy it.

At home Lydia and I have settled in to a good routine as well. We hang out until 2, then take Rooney for a walk (if it isn't FREEZING like it was today). She is down for her second nap between 2:30 and 3, and instead of indulging in a snack and a nap on the couch I have been motivated to do my workouts during the hour or hour and a half that she sleeps. I feel so much better and more energized afterwards, so usually after her nap we go to the grocery, take another walk, or play upstairs while I do laundry. By 5:30 David has usually left work, so I take the last 45 minutes without him to cook, unless we are doing dinner with parents. It has been a huge change to not see (or talk to) him between 8 and 6 everyday, but we are getting used to it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. We squeeze dinner and playtime with Lydia in between 6:15 and 7:15, then the bedtime routine begins.  And we do it all over agian.

It is definitely a little challenging to have both of us working, but I think this is a great way for us to spend our next 4 months. Who knows what will come after that (maybe we will buy a house? maybe I can take another summer off?) but for now, we are all happy and working hard.

I hope to tell you more about how Lydia has been doing soon! She is just so much fun and is growing crazy fast. Also, I have her birthday pictures uploaded, and they are SO good. I plan on posting them tomorrow so keep an eye out. Now it's time to catch up on my workout by indulging in the Bachelor... I am addicted yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment