Monday, January 7, 2013

Best Body Bootcamp

On January 1st per recommendation of my friend Holly I signed up for Tina's Best Body Bootcamp - an 8 week program that I am hoping will whip me into shape. It was only 25 bucks, and to be honest I kind of signed up on a whim, but today I did the first workout and I LOVED it.

Basically Tina does a ton of work in organizing workouts for all 8 weeks, and all you have to do is open up the email and start. If you are new to working out you may need to follow a lot of the links which bring you to videos of the moves, but that part doesn't take too much time. The structure of the workouts is a circuit structure (so do 10 of these, then 10 of those, then repeat all of it 3 times). She also adds in some cardio circuits which I am in desperate need of, and the best part is that I can do it all at home!

I haven't written recently about fitness or my post-partum progress because, well, there just isn't much to say. Weight-wise I am pretty comfortable and I have a lost a few more pounds than what I gained while pregnant. But, I am still soft, get out of breath easily, and worst of all I am unmotivated. I am currently teaching aerobics twice a week and although I love that it makes me get out to the gym even the classes that I teach are becoming a bit boring. I have been feeling that I need something new; something to get excited about fitness-wise; and something that is challenging.

I hope that these 8 weeks is all of that for me! One thing that I really love about the program is that she encourages you to make 2 health goals a week. This week mine are to take a daily multi-vitamin and go to bed by 10pm each night (since I have to wake up at 5:45 for work!). I like that Tina focuses on overall health rather than purely on exercise, diet and weight.

I took some before pictures and measurements, and as the program progresses I am hoping I can share some positive results with you! I would highly recommend you check out Tina's blog, and that you keep an eye out for her next round of bootcamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment