Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

On Monday I turned 25 years old... and really, it was a pretty good day. However, as birthdays go it was definitely different.

I find that as you get older birthdays become so much less climactic. After a weekend in Lexington just me and Lydia I was ready to relax on my birthday because taking care of a baby without daddy is tiring! So I slept in a little bit and then David and I went to a nice breakfast and walked around a shopping center for an hour or so. We came home and I took a short nap while he packed, and then around 4:00 left to go to Columbus for 4 days. As he was driving me to my parents' house (where I have been staying this week so I wouldn't be alone!) I got a phone call and found out I didn't get the job I applied for... bummer. It was emotionally difficult to get the bad job news and say goodbye to my hubby within 30 minutes of one another on my birthday, but I guess I really am growing up.

There were lots of things that made me feel special on my birthday - my mom cooked me a good meal and my dad brought my favorite cheesecake home for dinner. I got a new pair of awesome shoes and I had a cute baby girl smiling at me all day. But something about this birthday was just a little different, and I have to say that all of the sudden I do feel older.

David will be back tomorrow and the Bar Exam will be over!! We are going to the pool on Friday and then P.F. Chang's for dinner to celebrate, and then on Sunday we are taking a family day to the Newport Aquarium. Life really is good these days but sometimes I am ready to be out of this "in between" time. I know it will happen soon enough and for now I should be very thankful for all of the blessings we are enjoying right now. Keep David in your thoughts and prayers if you would, and I am sure once I am back at my old place and he returns home from Columbus I will have more time to write again!


No comments:

Post a Comment