Monday, March 26, 2012

Banana Nut Muffins

This afternoon Lydia and I baked some muffins together! I fed her, we played for a while and when she started to want to be held I put her in the Moby and pulled up a recipe that I found yesterday. I really think that she liked to bake with me! She stayed awake the whole time and was talking up a storm. It was really fun :)

One of my favorite things ever to bake is banana bread. My mom and I used to do it together all of the time, and we used a recipe out of an ABC baking book. The recipe is really simple, so whenever I have some over-ripe bananas around the house I bake a loaf of bread.

The downside to banana bread is that it tends to cook unevenly, especially in our old, tiny oven. So this time I thought that I would look up a recipe for banana nut muffins to solve that problem. I got on pinterest, of course, and found this great recipe! It has so few ingredients and doesn't even require a mixer.

I modified it a bit I added a teaspoon of cocoa powder instead of putting in espresso, and I used half the amount of nuts. I also added in 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Next time I don't think I will add the cocoa powder at all... maybe some nutmeg and a little more cinnamon. They turned out wonderfully and baked so well! Now it is like we have 12 perfectly baked little banana breads I guess.

Here is the link. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment