Friday, March 30, 2012

Alone Time

I know that it sounds strange but I actually look forward to waking up around 6:30 each morning to pump. It is usually the only time that I get alone each day, so I really try to cherish it.

Lydia has been continuing to sleep late (yay!) so our sleep schedule as a family is a little strange. Our little girl needs me to go to bed with her each night which means I go to bed at the early hour of 9:30. It is pretty lame, but I am usually exhausted by then, so no complaining here. David likes to work at night, so once we are both snoozing he can stay up until 11:30 or 12 to get a lot of school stuff finished.

I am up by 6:30 most mornings to pump, shower and get into class by 9. David and Lydia are rarely awake before I leave the house (most of the time I leave between 8 and 8:15), so I have nice, quiet mornings.

Don't get me wrong... my heart aches a little bit each day when I whisper an unanswered goodbye into the bedroom. I miss seeing both of my loves in the morning! However, I know that when Lydia wakes Daddy will be there to get her dressed and feed her a bottle, and I know that this routine is good for all three of us. It is healthy for me to get some time alone, in the quiet, to read my Bible, drink my coffee and take a long, hot shower, It is good for Lydia and David to have time alone together - their relationship has improved immensely since we have started this morning routine!

Last night David and I were talking about how different our life looks now. We both love it, but there are a lot of things about it that we didn't expect. I remember feeling busy before our bundle came along, but now I wonder how we were ever busy before. What did we do with all of our free time??

I love having time alone each morning to do the simple things. It helps me to feel like myself again. And it just makes it that much sweeter when I get home from class and see a beautiful girl smiling at me.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment