Wednesday, March 6, 2013

No Heat Headband Curls

Lately I have been hating my hair... David likes it long, but I like it short. I guess I am growing it out for him. although while it was short I definitely found myself wishing I could put it in a pony tail or curl is for a date. Yesterday when my friend posted a picture of her no heat curls on instagram, I knew I had to try whatever she did.

I don't love using a curling iron... the curls always come out a little bit too tight for me. My hair is very soft and doesn't have much personality, so its tendency is to be flat and boring. I have wanted to find a way for a very long time to shower at night and then have my hair look nice in the morning. Getting up and ready for work by 7:20 is not so fun with a 14 month old - so I thought that cutting out the shower would help. I think I have found the answer!

So, I mainly followed these two tutorials (here and here), but if you just google "no heat headband curls" tons will pop up. Try to find a girl with similar hair to you that way you have a better idea of how it will turn out.

Basically, at 8 am I got my hair a little damp and used an elastic headband (that I had sewn together around 7:30) to wrap my hair around. See the tutorials for these details... I am not such a great teacher with hair.





I looked like a ninja and David was sure to secretly snap a picture of me before he left for work.

I made coffee, ate breakfast, changed a diaper and played for a while, and then put Lydia down for her nap. At 10 I lifted the headband off of my forehead and shook the hair off. It looked a little crazy and I got nervous.





I got dressed (don't judge... I am on spring break) did some stuff around the house and just let the curls relax a bit. By 11 they looked better so I put some smoothing stuff in to add texture and gave it a quick spray.


It probably helps that in this picture I am wearing some makeup and real clothes. I should add that this is second day hair! Next time I am going to try showering at night and letting my hair dry 90% of the way, then sleeping with the ninja look. David will love it I am sure.








I am pretty impressed by the method and really excited that I found a new way to do my hair! You should try it, and let me know what you think :)




1 comment: