Sunday, March 3, 2013

Best Daddy Ever

I will try to be brief here because I don't want to brag too much. But one of my most favorite parts of Lydia coming into our lives has been watching David become a father. He is a wonderful dad in so many ways and each day I am so grateful for such an awesome partner in the adventure that is parenting.

This picture illustrates in many ways why David is so special. Every day Lydia longs to go play outside which is great... Except that it has been freeeeeeeeezing here. I am so over winter. So while she whines and cries (and scream sans throws tantrums) at the back door I try to explain to her the logical reasons why we can't go outside to play. It is cold. She will get sick. Mommy really doesn't feel it is the best use of time to bundle up in 4 layers just to swing and play for 5 minutes.

And what does David do? He takes her outside to swing. No excuses. No rationalization. Just patient, perfect, spontaneous flexibility. We balance each other (almost) perfectly as parents and I am oh so thankful for this amazing man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment