Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pediatrician Update

Lydia went to the pediatrician on Monday and she did great. I have updated her stats on her 6 month update, but I will tell you all the details here too.

She is 25 1/2 inches long (30th percentile), 15 lbs and 14 oz (45th percentile), and her head is in the 75th percentile! I didn't realize her head was so big - I think it is her big brain in there :)

Lydia also had to get 3 shots and she truly did wonderful. She didn't make a peep for the first one, and during the 2nd and 3rd she yelled but then calmed down withing 2 minutes. The nurse said Lydia gave her a dirty look afterward and I believe her. Our little girl is a bit dramatic. Even though she took the shots well at the time yesterday evening and today her legs have clearly been hurting her. We have given her a little bit of Tylenol a few times and as long as we stay on top of that she is fine. I am hoping that by tomorrow she won't even know it happened.

I should tell you too that I LOVE our new pediatrician here in NKY. I chose her because she is the only female pediatrician whose office is (literally) 6 minutes from our house, and who accepts our insurance. As it turns out, she is pretty wonderful. She is a young mom of 3 and is very laid back, which is something that I like in a doctor. Also, the front desk people are so nice and we were in and out on Monday in 45 minutes in contrast to our standard hour and a half appointments at UK.

Overall, Monday was just a great day. It is amazing to see your baby grow and to be encouraged that you are doing a good job as a parent. I am so thankful for Lydia's health and I continue to be blown away by the miracle of growing a baby, having a baby, and then sustaining a baby! God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment