Saturday, February 4, 2012

A rough week...

This past week was a little bit difficult in the Harrison household. Lydia decided to start being a little bit grumpy - well a lot a bit grumpy - in the evenings. 3 nights this week she cried for 2 1/2 -3 hours straight!

I know I have been spoiled with her because in general she really is an easy baby who sleeps well. But man, was it difficult to hear her cry like that. Most evenings I cried right along with her for a brief amount of time. I knew that she had a full belly, a clean diaper and nothing wrong with her, but for whatever reason she just couldn't really be consoled. If I held her she would fall asleep, but then as soon as I could try to lay her down she would wake right back up and start all over. I would love to just hold her all day long and have no other responsibilities, but during this season in our life that is in no way a possibility. And who am I kidding - it probably never will be.

So, this afternoon David and I went out in the cold rain and invested in a baby swing. A few people had recommended that we try a swing to help her through this fussy time. I was a bit skeptical and really didn't want to pay so much for something that I didn't know would work... However, as I type she is sleeping silently in the swing!! I know it is the first night; heck, it is the first ten minutes. But I hope it continues to work so that I can continue to have a little, tiny bit of time to myself to do some homework, a little bit of time with my husband, and maybe even a little bit of time to watch a movie or something crazy like that!!

I am loving being a mommy, but sometimes it is a bit overwhelming, this past week being one of those. I just feel so blessed to have so many people helping and encouraging me, and I am thankful to have the resources to try out baby items, like swings and gripe water which may help.

Have a good night... I hope we will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment