Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


I had a really good Valentine's Day, and I hope that you did too! 

It started out normal; we got up early, I taught two classes and then I came back here to hang out with Lydia. Today we went over to my friend Melissa's house and played with her and her little boy Caedmon. It was so much fun!

I got home around 5:45 and fed my baby, and around 6 my hubby came home with peanut M&M's and hydrangeas! I was surprised since last week he randomly gave me a Steelers Tervis Tumbler and said it was my valentine's day present. David is always about surprises and as much as I may tell myself that I don't care if I don't get anything for Valentine's Day or our anniversary I have to admit that he always makes me feel special with his gifts :)

At 6:30 David's friend from law school came over with his girlfriend to babysit Lydia. They had offered to watch baby girl while we went to dinner and even though I was a little bit hesitant because her fussy period is always at night I decided that I shouldn't get in the habit of turning down babysitting. So we went to a small, casual restaurant 5 minutes away called Bourbon and Toulouse and had a great time! Even though we were only gone for an hour it was amazing to sit across from one another and eat a good meal and have uninterrupted conversation. Of course we talked about our baby girl most of the time :)

It was a different Valentine's Day for sure, but still great. And after our date I got to give our adorable girl a bath and hold her close. Ahh...love. 


1 comment:

  1. Bourbon and Toulouse is amazing, such an excellent Valentine's day!!

    ReplyDelete