Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Quick Update

I have been neglecting the blog and I apologize. I hope to get Lydia's 10 week update up very soon and I will try to post some extra pics this upcoming Sunday since I missed last Sunday's snapshots.

I have been very busy... with school, teaching, housework and of course feeding my baby a bunch more. I really committed myself to trying to help Lydia gain weight this past week and it took up a ton of time! Nursing is definitely a full time job, and I was also trying to pump 4 times a day as well as increase her amount of daily feedings. Another thing that I had to put more energy into was eating. I really tried to eat more everyday, which meant fixing full meals for myself and trying to incorporate more good fats. On top of everything we went to NKY this past weekend which was, of course, wonderful yet SO busy.

But, as of yesterday I found out that it was all worth it. Our little girl is not so little anymore... she broke the 10 pound mark! She now weights 10 lbs., and 1 ounce which means in the past week she gained 11 ounces. That is right - 11 ounces in 7 days. Go baby girl! Our pediatrician is now happy with her weight (this gain bumped her from the 10th to the 20th percentile for weight, while she is in the 80th percentile for height). So that means we can continue only breastfeeding and we don't have to return to the doctor until she is 4 months old. Yay!

Also, we got her thyroid result back at the end of last week and that finally came back normal. So no more heel pricks or worrying about if her thyroid is okay.

And while I am bragging about my perfect little one, I should tell you that yesterday she started grabbing at things! She has a play mat on the floor that she lays under when she is happy and yesterday she was definitely putting her hands out and hitting the toys around, and a few times she would open up her hands and try to grab at them. It made me really happy and so proud.

Yesterday was just a great day of confirmation that Lydia is perfectly healthy. I wanted to let you all know since I know so many of you have been praying and been giving me some great advice.

Hope you have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment