Friday, February 4, 2011

Self Discovery

Today I have discovered many things about myself. None of them are deep, just kind of random. But I like days like these…


First of all, I found out that I hate when manufacturers don’t think ideas all the way through. Two examples:


1) One day someone had the idea that in order to make it harder for people to steal things, like say digital watches from Target, they would put it in an unnecessarily large package which they would then make impossible to open. This seems like a great idea.. until I, the virtuous customer who pays for the item, can’t open it! Then I proceed with scissors, and yanking and inevitably hurt my hands.


2) All of us ladies like to paint our nails with polish which has some durability… that won’t chip the very next day. One person’s solution to this problem was to make nail polish that would really, really stay on your nails. However, they didn’t think through the fact that I some point I want to take this dark red polish off of my toe nails and change it up a bit! Thus, I have to work very hard for about 20 minutes and use 8 cotton balls just to get silly nail polish off.


Ok, done complaining. I am not really mad about these things… I just find them funny!


On to more positive notes. I found out tonight as I was searching stores for a pair of shoes (which I have needed for a while) that I am bad at shopping. I don’t have much fashion sense to begin with, but I think the biggest problem that I have with shopping is that I am a bit of a perfectionist. I know, all of you are shocked. But most of the time when I am looking for something specific I get an idea in my head of what it should look like, how much it should cost, how it should fit etc. and then I can never find something that fits the bill! Tonight I was looking for a pair of practical, comfortable but cute pair of black flats to wear to teach in. We looked in DSW for a long time and every shoe I tried on didn’t quite work. I think that I finally found something similar to the perfect purchase that I had in my head at Target… but I am still not completely sure. I guess time will tell.


And the last thing that I found out about myself is that I really love purple. Most of you probably know that I like purple, but I think that I have reached a new level. With the purchase of another purple item tonight I have brought the list of purple things which I carry or use daily in my life to an all time high: my backpack, lunch box (yes I have one), water bottle, iPod, headphones, watch, gym shoes, and scarf. I also have lots of purple jewelry and clothes, 2 pairs of purple shoes and as we speak I am wearing purple PJ’s! Most of this is not my fault… it is the color that everyone has bought for me for years. But now, as I pick out things to buy, it is just easier to buy everything purple. This way I can always match, I guess.


Well I think that is all for today. Sorry for the more random post, but this is what happened today. Actually mostly of what happened was lots and lots of math! But you probably don’t want to hear about that. Have a great weekend!


And remember: GO STEELERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment