Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My wonderful husband


Today I want to brag about David. He is truly wonderful.


These past two days have been insane for me! In the last 35 hours I have finished 4 homework assignments, graded 60 quizzes, prepared for a lecture, taught a recitation, taught 17 4th grade boys about shapes, tutored 3 high school boys, and graded 570 exam questions. Pack that in with eating, sleeping, driving, etc. it has been a crazy start to the week. Plus… I think I am coming down with a cold :( So needless to say, this afternoon I was a little stressed.


After coming home from my second tutoring “job” around 6 this evening, I was expecting the normal night of cooking dinner and a few household chores on top of the mounds of grading and homework. But when I walked in the door… I smelled something amazing. David had cooked us pan-fried chicken, corn and mashed potatoes for dinner (the potatoes were left over, but still great). It was on the table for me when I walked in! He had also vacuumed the carpet, swept the floors, washed the dishes and put away our laundry.


It was truly an amazing feeling coming home and having all of those weights lifted off my shoulders. It was a perfect end to a crazy afternoon, and there is something so comforting knowing that someone out there knows exactly what you need, exactly when you need it. I love him!!


Now back to homework… 5 weeks till spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment