Monday, October 15, 2012

Seven Snapshots - In the Windy City!

Somehow an entire week went by without me posting. I was writing an exam, teaching a lot of aerobics, joining a small group with church and then getting ready to go to Chicago! Sorry about the lack of stories and info, but hopefully these pictures from our little weekend trip will make up for it.

We went to Chicago to visit David's step brother who attends SAIC (the Art Institute of Chicago) - he is crazy creative and brilliant. We were spoiled all weekend, first by my great aunt who hosted us for a night, and then by David's dad and step mom who put us up in the oldest hotel in the country; the Palmer House. I have never stayed in such a nice hotel and probably never will again. It was a great trip, an we are so happy that we took the opportunity for a weekend getaway with our little family. As usual Lydia was a champ, and we really loved experiencing a city that we both love so much with our little girl.

 Just chillin' in the fancy bed.

 Riding along with Mommy through downtown. And yes, that is Christmas stuff in the background. We had to go to Holiday Lane in Macy's!

 Enjoying dinner with Caleb. Lydia's big smiles are back - although she still frowns sometimes.

 Playing with pigeons in Millenium Park.

 Typical Bean picture.

 Precious girl.

Before we left the city we got some famous Garrett's popcorn. It was sooo good.


Lydia's 10 month update will be up soon (crazy!!), but I can't promise it will be tomorrow. I am on fall break so I have a day off tomorrow, and I think we are going to have a laid back family day all together. I love spending time with my little family so much. But I promise it won't be another week before I post again either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment