Friday, August 3, 2012

Good news

I have a few really good things to tell you!


  1. We made is safely to Detroit and Lydia was a champ in the car. We left around 4 am when she woke up to eat and after a few minutes of talking and whining in her car seat she was out until 8:30. We stopped at a cracker barrel about a half an hour outside of Detroit and ate a good breakfast while Lydia babbled and got the attention of just about everyone in the restaurant. After breakfast we made it the rest of the way (Lydia fell asleep again in the car) and we checked into our hotel around 10:30. Unfortunately Lydia definitely has a cold... Her runny nose, which I thought was sue to teething, now has congestion, sneezing and a slight fever added to it. She is fighting naps and sleep pretty badly, but when she is awake she is our normal happy girl. I continue to feel so blessed to have such an easy baby, and as corny as it may sound I am more and more proud of my daughter each day. Today we plan on exploring Detroit a bit and tomorrow is the big wedding of my brother-in-law! Pictures and a post to come one that soon.
  2. I got a job!! I had an interview this past Wednesday to be an adjunct professor at NKU in the fall and I guess it went pretty well. I will be teaching college algebra in the fall and I am really excited about it. I was bummed when I didn't get the first job that I interviewed for, but honestly the NKU job probably uses my skills better and is more similar to the teaching experience that I have already had. I have another job proposition which is currently playing itself out also. Since I am only teaching one course ay NKU I could teach another course at another school too. I am still trying to decide how much I want to take on this fall, but I am really excited that I found a little something.
That is all for now... Back to watching the Olympics and reading my book as baby girl takes a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job, Ashley! I know you will be an excellent professor! I hope Lydia feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for your new job!!!! and i'm not surprised sweet little Lydia not only got all the attention in the restaurant, but is also being a fabulous baby. tell that girl to keep it up! miss you all :)

    ReplyDelete