Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wow, this baby is due soon.

I know, I know... I still have 10 weeks. But I know those 10 weeks are going to fly by!  I have heard lots of mommies talk about how the last trimester seems to crawl by if you start to prepare too early, like if you start washing the clothes, setting up the car seat, etc. However, I don't really know that David and I will have this problem of doing things too early. We are so, SO busy and a part of me is nervous that we are going to wake up one day and I am going to be going into labor and we won't have any diapers yet.

This most likely won't happen, but since my pregnancy just continues to FLY by and since school is about to ramp up in intensity we decided to go ahead and put our pack-and-play together this past weekend.

It isn't in our bedroom yet (where it will be once she is born), but we have it stowed away in the extra bedroom for now because it doesn't take up too much room. Plus, most other people get to have all this fun painting a nursery, setting up a crib, etc. and since our little girl won't have a nursery for... a while... we wanted to just do something concrete to get ready for her.

Now begins the part where the baby starts taking over our house :)
 

And the part where I start getting super frustrated with our cat trying to lay claim to everything that is baby's.

It was fun to set up the pack and play. Doing something concrete for the baby made everything feel so much more real and exciting and when I walk into the second bedroom and see it sitting there I daydream about when there will be a tiny baby girl sleeping (quietly, peacefully, hopefully for hours and hours) in the bassinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment