Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cat Fight

Let me introduce you to my evil cat, Jasmine. We are currently in a fight. On Monday night as I was innocently sitting on the couch she was eying me from the coffee table while her tail flicked around like crazy. I, being the bigger person, and I guess the only person out of the two of us, ignored her. Then she proceeded to step onto the couch and just walked up and bit my arm. Bit it hard... as in it drew a little blood. I was SO mad at her, and so were David and Rooney. I haven't touched her since and I refused to give her food (don't worry, David has sympathy). But she has to learn you can't bite the hand that feeds you.

In general I may not be the biggest cat person. I mean, I LOVE kittens. Who doesn't?? They are soooo cute.
They are tiny and easy and do hilarious things, like climb Christmas trees.
And they are cuddly... like pets should be!

But then one day you wake up and your kitten is a cat. And if it is like most cats there isn't much more playing or cuddling. There are high moments here and there when they are still funny or when they show affection and make the adorable purring noise. But it really is crazy how different cats are from kittens.

I am mostly not a cat person because I think I am just terrible with cats. David has talked to me about it, because Jasmine and I have had problems in the past. I tend to be a bit clingy, which really bothers her. But she is so cute! And I just want to hold her and pet her. But I really have been trying to be better lately about giving her space and letting her come to me on her own terms. With a baby coming the last thing I want is a cat around who has a problem with me.

Even in the midst of all of my effort she was definitely mean on Monday. It was unusually of character and if it happens many more times we know we will have to discuss whether having a randomly aggressive cat around is okay. But for now, David loves her and she is mostly harmless. I just think she hates me... or maybe she is jealous because David loves me more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment