Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Boyd's Orchards

This past Friday David and I took the afternoon off of studying and went to Boyd's Orchards with some friends. One of the things that I just LOVE about Lexington is how you can drive 20 minutes and be in the beautiful countryside. Growing up in suburbia has definitely made me appreciate the outdoorsy-ness of Central Kentucky; it is one of the biggest things that I will miss if we ever leave Lexington. It was a beautiful day and so much fun!
We looked around the shop first and found lots of fun gourds, fall decorations, apple cider doughnuts (YUM!), and of course some fresh picked apples. As we were walking in David pointed out this butternut squash which looks like a Boppy pillow! Ha, I love my husband. You can tell we are about to have a baby :)
After looking around the store we walked in the orchards for a while looking at all of the apples, and maybe sneaking a few bits of ones that had fallen off the trees.

After that we headed over to the kids play area, which is always so much fun to be a part of even when you are adults! There was a small petting zoo, which I always love.


That goat had just gotten too tired to hold his head up all on his own!

It was a fantastic double date!

We left with a few fun gourds to decorate for fall, 8 yummy apples (which I have been dipping in caramel dip this week), and like a mentioned before a half dozen of some of the best doughnuts I have ever had. I love all things fall!
The trip wouldn't have been complete without a picture in the famous Boyd's chair!

It was so wonderful to spend a day outside in the beautiful weather after a week of school. I am so glad that fall is here because it is my favorite season, but also because with the seasons changing it is becoming more and more real that our little girl will be here soon. Hopefully once she is with us we can continue fun traditions like this as a family :)

1 comment:

  1. baby h has to come to the pumpkin patch... she'll be the cutest little pumpkin there!

    ReplyDelete