Monday, October 10, 2011

Hormones

I am usually not a very emotional person. Sure I cry every now and then... when a family member or pet dies, when I am really stressed out about school or a situation, or when something hurts. But I am not usually the girl who cries over movies, books, stories, or the way I look in a pair of jeans.

Well, I guess I wasn't usually that girl. Now I have been pregnant for about 7 1/2 months and while hormones have done things to me that I never thought possible they have also brought on the predictable, yet totally random stream of emotions. I am moody now... sometimes I get mad, anxious (I remember sitting in a bathroom in the campus library this summer convinced someone was going to rob me when I opened the door to leave), or frustrated (when I am doing math). But most of the time I just get weepy; over movies, books, stories and the way I look in a pair of jeans.

Case in point: I am currently sitting at my desk in my office enjoying some cheese and almonds for lunch catching up on the blogs that I read. You see, if I don't give myself some kind of break to eat my moodiness causes me to get more stressed out and food doesn't sit well on an anxious stomach. So I make myself refrain from math for at least 30 minutes while I have my lunch each day and today I read this blog post. And here, at my desk, in my office in the math department of UK's campus I teared up.

Just a little confession, because now I want someone to laugh with me at myself. So ridiculous. But, this is what hormones have done to me. Made me a weepy woman that cries over a blog post.

Now I will go finish my almonds and prepare for the calculus class that I teach later this afternoon. And go make sure my mascara isn't running.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment