Thursday, July 28, 2011

July in Kentucky


Last summer when we got Rooney this was his response any time that we tried to take him for a walk. For a while we worried… Is he just lazy? Will he be a dog that doesn’t like walks??


Every day for the past 4 days or so I come home to Rooney who has been in his cage all day, put his leash on and we bound outside together. But as soon as we get to the end of the street where there is a tall tree he replicates his puppy plop. As he lays there in the shade he looks up at me and says, “Are you kidding? It is July in Kentucky. It is 100 degrees! There is no way I am walking”.


Together we turn around and head back inside to the AC where he uses all of his pent up energy to chew up our recycling until 8 p.m. rolls around, bringing a decent temperature along with it. I guess I can’t say that I blame him though. It is just too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment