Tuesday, July 5, 2011

16 weeks... a little late.

It has been way too long since my last post and the reason is that we have been so busy lately! Working full time has definitely started taking a toll on David and I. We are so blessed to both have jobs this summer, but after working 8 hours a day it is hard to find time to do all the things that need to be done, thus hobbies such as blogging have had to take a back seat while we try to figure out a schedule that works for us.



So even though I will be 17 weeks a long in two days, here is a photo-less 16 weeks update!



How far along? 16 weeks



Updates on baby:  (Thanks to BabyCenter) Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he’s about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren’t recognizable yet. He’s even started growing toenails. And there’s a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


Total weight gained?  Don’t know.. we don’t have a scale.


Maternity Clothes? I am still sporting my normal clothes but today I put on a pair of shorts which were a bit snug before I got pregnant and they didn’t even come close to fitting! I am loving wearing dresses because it is just so much more comfortable to not have anything tight around my belly.


Sleep?  I LOVE sleep and I can’t get enough of it. I would still like to try to nap at least once a day, but again, working full time makes that hard.


Eating: This still just feels like a chore to me and I have been dry heaving and getting sick again more regularly. I tried to wean myself of the meds per doctors orders and it definitely backfired. Zofran doesn’t have any side effects or risk for baby, but my doc just thinks that if I can get by without the anti nausea pills I might as well. In order to put a real effort into trying it out I didn’t take Zofran or Finnegrin (?) for two days last week. I felt fine for those two days but then the third morning was like 10 weeks all over again. I just kept on getting sick and it is so hard to swallow a pill when you are throwing up every 20 minutes! Last night was another really, really rough night so now I am back to half a Zofran during the day and then half a finnegrin at night. At least I tried…


Exercise: I have been staying really active, but with the nausea kicking into a higher gear again rigorous exercise has been out the window. I hope to pick my weight up again soon! 



Movement? Yes!! On Wednesday, June 29th I felt Baby H move for the first time! I was laying on the couch trying to rest a bit after work and I felt a popping sensation in my stomach.. like a bubble burst. It caught my attention so I held really really still hoping it would move again. It didn’t of course so I just shrugged it off. However, since then I have felt that same sensation again and a few flutters. I have to hold really still and focus on the movement to feel it but it is SO cool when it happens! The best feeling ever.



Food cravings? ICE WATER! On UK’s campus it is very hard to find ice and I find myself getting grumpy about it. Don’t they know there are pregnant women who can’t just drink luke warm fountain water?!?!



Food aversions? Meat is gross… still can’t do veggies very much and anything spicy or really flavorful doesn’t sit well at all.



What I miss: Having plenty of energy to get through the day. Lately I have been soo tired and I sometimes just feel like a bummer to be around.



What I am looking forward to:  Today we scheduled our 20 week ultrasound appt!! July 29th is the day we can see our little baby moving around in there. Even though we aren’t going to find out the gender I just can’t wait to see its arms and legs, its blurry face and tiny spine.



Now it is much too late and I must go get my 8 hours of sleep which doesn’t seem to be enough lately. Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment