Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring has sprung!


(Picture from Google, not me).


These past few days here in Kentucky have been beautiful. It always amazes me when spring arrives… how beautiful it is, how fast everything seems to come to life again, and how all the animals and people around me come out of hibernation. In so many ways, I feel like a different person when the sun comes out and the flowers begin to bloom! As much as I don’t enjoy winter I don’t know that I would ever like to move anywhere where trees don’t go bare or where snow doesn’t fall. It is because of the cold, the small amount of daily sunlight and the lifelessness of nature that makes spring such a beautiful thing.


Here are some nice words about spring, because others say it so much better than me.



From wherever spring arrives to heal the ground…


~The David Crowder Band





It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want-oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!


~Mark Twain





THE YEAR’S AT THE SPRING


Robert Browning


The year’s at the spring,


And the day’s at the morn;


Morning’s at seven;


The hill-side’s dew pearled;


The lark’s on the wing;


The snail’s on the thorn;


God’s in his Heaven


All’s right in the world!





Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment