Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A little vacation

The reason for the lack of posting this weekend and this coming week will not be due to an insane amount of homework and tests. Because this week is… spring break. David and I are currently in Prescott, Arizona with some of our close friends who are from NKY but live out here. We are visiting with them and their 4 week old, beautiful baby boy. I have been trying to take lots of pictures (I am really, really bad about never taking pictures), and when I get home I will post the majority of them so that you can see what a wonderful time we have been having!



So far the trip has been wonderful. To be able to actually afford the trip we flew standby which was a little stressful, but we got on the plane without any problem at all. It is truly beautiful out here… 70 and sunny every day thus far, and although it is definitely a desert, our friends live in a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides. It is so beautiful to look out and see the sky stretch on for a long time until it is blocked by a  tall mountain that stands high in the distance. It is also pretty green here. The rocks and sand are brown and red, but there is a good amount of grass, trees and bushes all around, which of course reminds me of my Kentucky home :)



Even if we didn’t have gorgeous weather in a beautiful place, this trip would still be great. It is always so wonderful to catch up with friends and although Meg and I have stayed in close contact over this past year and a half that she has been out here, it is still different to have a best friend whose house you have never been over to, whose dog you have never met, or who you can’t share a smoothie with on any given Saturday. It is just so neat to actually be here and finally be a part of the world that she has talked to me about for the past 18 months. Plus… it has been amazing to meet her little boy! He is so precious and so sweet. He will be a month tomorrow, so he is still very young, but I have enjoyed holding him as he sleeps, changing a few of his diapers, helping to get him dressed and bathed, and most of all watch my friend be a great mom.



Even with this tiny baby boy we have done some awesome stuff out here, which I will share with you (hopefully) in picture form when I get back home. 



Keep us in your prayers as we fly back home on Thursday or Friday. And check back soon to find out the rest about our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment