Monday, May 21, 2012

So Thankful

Right now I am sitting on our couch listening to David sing Lydia to sleep in the other room. Sleep has been a rough, rough thing around here lately... probably the hardest patch we have been through thus far. We are trying to devise a plan that we are comfortable with to help Lydia sleep independently but it is really difficult! I have a million emotions that play into trying to make this decision and it has been weighing heavily on me.

However, David is his usual, calm steady self. I have never been more thankful for David and his "chill" attitude than in these last 5 months. We are so different in many ways, and I would be lying if I said it didn't make it difficult sometimes. We don't always see eye to eye and that makes for some conflict every now and then. But in these moments - the real life, tough, emotional moments - I am so glad that David is nothing like me. I love the unique qualities that he has that really make us a great team, and make him a wonderful, perfect partner in the adventure that is parenting.

Just a few thoughts as I try to clear my mind after a stressful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment