Monday, May 14, 2012

The Final Countdown: Days 5-1

If you missed the account of what we did during days 10-6 you should check it out here. And now to continue and finish (sniff, sniff) the list.

Day 5 - On Monday evening after a day full of packing David, Lydia Rooney and I walked out to the Henry Clay Estate. This is a beautiful estate-turned-park that we walk to 3-4 times a week. I will really miss the beauty of the place!





 The evening started our beautiful but quickly turned stormy! We got caught in the rain on the way home, and even though it was a little crazy it was a fun memory.


Day 4 - On Tuesday evening I went to one of my favorite restaurants, Bourbon and Toulousse, with friends from my grad program. This restaurant is cajun style and my favorite thing to get there is actually a vegetarian dish, black beans and carmelized corn. Everything there is pretty spicy but so, so tasty and it is really reasonably priced. I will miss it a lot! Lydia wore cute flowered tennis shoes to dinner, which I thought was important for you to know.


Day 3 - I told you these last days would have a lot of food in them and I wasn't kidding. On Wednesday David and I cleaned out our kitchen and it was a beautiful night, so we decided that a picnic at the park (specifically, the Arboretum) would be a great option. For dinner we picked up Sonic - one of the few fast food places that David and I go to sometimes. We both LOVE their cheeseburger and cherry limeade, and even though there is one in NKY it is kind of far away from where we will be living, so I don't see us going there much.













Day 2 - On Thursday David and I got one of our favorite cups of coffee in Lexington from a coffee shop called Common Grounds. Him and I spent almost every Saturday morning at Common Grounds last semester and the semester before that doing homework. Even though homework on the weekends is never fun it was better to do it at a relaxing, comfy coffee shop than at home.

Day 1 - Friday afternoon David, Jen, Lydia and I all went to a local restaurant called Alfalfa for lunch. They use all local ingredients and have lots of vegetarian options at this quaint eatery in the middle of downtown, but all of us got some yummy, meaty sandwiches and it was delicious! They also serve really, really good brunch on the weekends.



Day 0 - On Saturday morning we indulged yet again in our doughnut obsession by getting ourselves and all of our family that was helping us move some Spauldings doughnuts. This bakery is only a few minutes from our apartment also and their doughnuts are so good! Every morning there is a line out the door, and once they sell out of the doughnuts they close down shop for the day. The adorable elderly couple that owns the bakery only accept cash, but if you don't have any on hand the cute, sweet old lady gives you the doughnuts anyway and says you can pay her back next time (we made this mistake the first time we went).

There you have it! All of the spots we were sure to hit up during out last 10 days in Lexington. Sitting on my couch at our new place in NKY I already miss certain things about the city, mostly the wonderful friends that we made who we won't be seeing quite as often. I am sure that we will look back at our 7 years in Lexington and wonder how we ever did it - and that place will always hold a very special place in our heart. We graduated twice from UK, we spent our first 3 years as a married couple there, and our beautiful little girl was born there. Lexington will always hold so many happy memories for us! Now on to making new memories :)











No comments:

Post a Comment