Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quick Updates

I have so much to write about but I am really trying to make myself study... so I will just get a few things off my mind and then get back to it.

First of all, Lydia had her 4 months pediatrician appointment on Friday! It went really well. Our girl weighs 13 pounds and 14 ounces these days and is 24 inches long. Needless to say, they are happy with her weight and everything else too. Since she is just about 14 pounds she is onto size 2 diapers at night... so crazy! She got her second round of vaccinations at the doctor and it was so much better than last time. She only let out one big wail and then I was holding her in my arms as she quietly fell asleep. So sweet. We did have a not-so-great encounter with a doctor there which makes us not at all sad that we will be changing pediatricians very soon. It wasn't anything horrible - but the doctor had very different opinions than us on co-sleeping and the cry-it-out method and he presented his opinions as "doctor's orders". David and I just nodded and pretended to agree, but it did make me question the job that I am doing parenting... which I know it shouldn't, but I am just not totally confident yet! This is another post all on its own.

 The second update is on my postpartum progress. I went to the doctor yesterday (just for one last routine checkup before I am off of the awesome student insurance), and I am right at my pre-pregnancy weight! The doctor and nurse both commented on how quickly I lost it and asked me what I had been doing. That was definitely a confidence booster and I was thankful for it during a very stressful and emotional week. I still have a long way to go before my pre-pregnancy shape returns but it is good to know that as I continue to eat like a horse with my bottomless appetite that I am heading in the right direction.

Lastly... I have 2 more days. Today I need to buckle down and study hard for my final tomorrow morning, and then tomorrow I will take my exam and then have to grade all day. But 48 hours from now I will be a free mommy and all I will have to worry about is Lydia - oh, and packing up our entire apartment for the move. Even then, I just can't wait to have the stress and weight of school off of my shoulders.

Almost there. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers if you wouldn't mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment