Thursday, June 9, 2011

Detail #2: Due Date

I am due December 15th! I am super excited to have a baby in the winter and around Christmas-time although many people tell me that we will have to be careful that the kid doesn’t feel cheated of a birthday every year. We hope that our baby decides to come right around the due date… in fact we are praying for December 17th, the Saturday after finals week is over. If you would like to join us in this prayer it would be much appreciated :) We also hope that I am not much later since we both will have to start our spring semester of school in mid January.

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant. Only 1 more week left in my first trimester! If you didn’t know this before, pregnancy is actually tracked in weeks rather than months. So on average women are pregnant for 40 weeks, not for 9 months.  Now for the belly pics :)

This was taken two-ish weeks after I found out.


And here is 13 weeks:


You may not be able to see a difference, but I feel a lot bigger. In fact I bought a couple tankini tops yesterday for the summer (they were only 4 bucks). I can’t wait to actually show, but I know that will come soon enough.

Here is a little week by week pregnancy survey that I found so I will use these as a guide to keep you updated on my journey through this special time.

How far along? 13 weeks


Updates on baby: (Thank you BabyCenter for this)

Fingerprints have formed on your baby’s tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you’re having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Total weight gained? I am down 5 pounds… check out my next post, Detail #3.


Maternity Clothes? No, not unless you count the tankini tops. Most of my pants are actually big right now because of my weight loss, but if I wear some of my tighter tanks I feel self conscious. I really don’t think I will need maternity clothes for a while. I just hope to get a cute baby bump in my summer dresses soon :)


Sleep?  I slept great for the first 12 weeks, as in about 9-10 hours a night great. But now I am having a little more trouble. I got up at 5:45 this morning just because I couldn’t get comfortable and because I was hungry. More on that below.

Eating? After experiencing a lot of nausea at first I am back to eating pretty normally, however I have to eat ALL THE TIME. Seriously… like every 2 1/2 hours. I never feel slight hunger; I am either not hungry or I must eat right that second. So I just kind of make myself eat small meals/snacks really often so that I never feel nauseous or too weak. My favorite things to eat lately are fruit, granola bars, crackers and anything cold and fruity. I still struggle to eat yogurt and cheese, two staples in my pre-pregnancy diet.

Exercise: I started lifted weights again for the first time this week and it is going pretty well. I had to lower my weight on shoulders because I don’t want to strain my back at all and I had to do fewer reps on biceps. I didn’t use any weight on my lunges for this week because I wasn’t able to exercise for a while with being sick, but I think I will add some weight in starting next week. Abs are definitely harder but I have been trying to do some every day to keep my muscles strong! For cardio I just try to walk a lot!

Labor Signs?  No way… this question will not be included for a while :)

Movement? Not yet. I probably won’t feel baby move for another month or two. I am so looking forward to it!


Food cravings? Ice cold things… coke, lemonade, icees, popscicles. I just want it cold.


Food aversions? Like I said above, yogurt is a big one.


What I miss: Deli meat sandwiches!! And sleeping without having to wake up for bathroom breaks. Also, I miss being low maintenance. Before I was pregnant I feel like I was a pretty laid back person as far as my preferences go. Now preferences have turned into needs which I really don’t like. For instance: now I don’t just prefer to not take the garbage out; I gag when I try. I don’t just prefer to not cook chicken; I get nauseous just looking at raw meat. I don’t just prefer to have ice in my beverages; I can’t swallow luke warm water. I am not just kind of hungry; I am hungry right at this instant and if I don’t eat something in the next 15 minuets I will pass out. I feel ridiculous most of the time and very out of control when it comes to my body. But every knows that pregnant women are just high maintenance and everyone has been so understanding thus far.

What I am looking forward to:  L ots of things that probably won’t happen for a while.. I guess the thing I am looking forward to soon is being in the second trimester. Hopefully I will gain back most of my energy soon and maybe just maybe I will be able to stop taking my anti-nausea prescription.

That is all for now, friends! Keep checking back on Thursdays for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment