Thursday, June 23, 2011

15 weeks


How far along? 15 weeks



Updates on baby:  Baby H. is now the size of an apple! About 4 inches from head to rump. Its legs are starting to get longer than its arms, and even though the eyes are still closed it can sense light. Today when we heard the heartbeat at the doctor’s office it was definitely slower than 4 weeks ago because baby is so much bigger now.


Total weight gained?  -2 :(  But I swear, after I lost those 12 pounds initially I must have gained the 10 back all in my belly because it is official… I am pudgy in my middle!


Maternity Clothes? Nope. I still wear my belly band when I want to wear a pair of pants or shorts that hits me closer to my waist. However, for hip-hugger bottoms I am still completely comfortable. Also, I have realized since getting pregnant that a lot of shirts that I owned before were kind of made to fit a baby bump. I am currently self conscious about my growing waist and belly which don’t look much like a cute bump but instead like I have been eating too many doughnuts. But I try to wear some of my tighter shirts sometimes too, because I know I won’t be getting much wear out of them soon. 


Sleep?  I am still sleeping well and I notice that I sleep really great when I exercise, so that is definitely more motivation to get moving. I am also trying to rest for about an hour when I get home from work because I am always so fatigued after a full day of math research :)



Eating: Eating continues to be a bit annoying for me. I just want to love food again and I am not back to that point yet. I mostly snack throughout the day on little things and because of this I never feel completely satisfied after I eat, nor do I ever feel really hungry. Even though the second trimester is supposed to bring a decrease to nausea, I got sick twice this week in the morning. I am going to try to wean myself from Zofran starting next week, but I really don’t want to go back to intense nausea like I had before.


Exercise: I walked 3 miles last night and I plan on taking another long walk tonight. It feels WONDERFUL to walk. I have also decided to use my first pay check of the summer to purchase some hand weights. With having a full-time job this summer I have simply not made myself go to the gym. It is too pretty outside! And I don’t like driving to campus and walking to the gym in the dark. So, if I get weights I think I will be much more likely to keep up my strength exercises in the comfort of my own home after it gets dark and while I watch horribly addictive summer shows such as The Bachelorette and So You Think You Can Dance :)



Movement? Not yet.. I really can’t wait.



Food cravings? Just ate half a cantaloupe. Seriously, it is all I want. If you want to buy me a present, just bring me a melon.



Food aversions? Meat is so much harder for me to eat lately but nothing really grosses me out terribly. I just feel blah about most foods.



What I miss: I really, really miss having a real appetite and eating like I used to. I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed food and the experience of having a real meal until now. I just feel so picky and indifferent toward cooking and eating which is a big bummer.



What I am looking forward to:  I think that this weekend David and I are going to take a trip out to Babies R Us to do some pre-registering browsing. We want to get some ideas of what we want and don’t want before we are handed that all-too-powerful registry gun. So if there are any mommies out there who have things they love (or they hate), please let me know!



And here is a photo of the delicious dinner that David made for me tonight! He is amazing.. Cooking has been difficult for me to stomach lately so he has been cooking for us a lot with my instructions :)



This is a hilariously bad picture of me getting aggravated at him while he was trying to take pictures of my belly. Apparently David knows nothing about taking a picture… we got some really funny angles out of it! But seriousy, he took like 20 before there was a decent one.


l


And that will end the post for tonight. Have a great Friday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment