Friday, April 8, 2011

The Calm before the Storm



This week my professors must have gotten together and decided to ease up on the homework because for the first week of the semester I felt like I could breathe… and what a wonderful feeling it was. Rather than having 5 homework assignments I had 3, and one of them was moved back to Monday. So really I only had two. If I were a perfect student, I would have taken the extra time to begin studying for finals which are 4 weeks away. But no one is perfect. A the title alludes, I realize that this week was just the calm before the storm of finals, but I decided to take it and rest. I still have weeks to study.



Before this week, here is what a typical day looked like for me:


-Get to school at 9. Do 2-3 hours of homework.


-Go to class for 3 hours.


-Do 3 more hours of homework.


-Come home and take Rooney for a walk, or go to the gym.


-Make and eat dinner.


-Do 3 hours of homework.


-Go to bed.


-Repeat



However, this week was fun! There was only one night when I executed the above list. On Tuesday night David and I went to our friends’, the Rossine’s, house for dinner and ate delish Chicken Tacos. The recipe was from the Pioneer Woman, who is an awesome blogger and cook. You should check out her website here.



On Wednesday night I played on the math grad students’ softball team. That is right. I bet you never thought you would hear me say that for multiple reasons. You see, initially I refused to play with them, but the tricky captain put me down as an alternate and then came to me Monday explaining that since one of the girls was out of town they would have to forfeit if I didn’t play. So being the good sport that I am I agreed, and honestly it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, we lost terribly. But my performance wasn’t too shabby. I got two base hits and they put me in left field (which is where most people hit the ball), and I actually didn’t do terribly there. After the loss we celebrated with dinner at Puccinis, yum! Then we went to Orange Leaf for frozen Yogurt, double yum!



Last night we drove my sister to Dry Ridge where we met my parents for dinner. They are all going to Chicago this weekend since it is my little brother’s spring break, but I obviously couldn’t go because of school. So we traded Jen for Zoie, my family dog, and we brought her back to Lexington with us to spend the weekend+monday with us. She is so cute and Rooney just adores her. I am sure I will post pictures sometime soon ;)



And now we are here… Friday afternoon and the wind is blowing and the clouds are looming as a literal calm before the storm sets in here in Lexington. But I feel at peace, because even though I know finals are coming that I have plenty of work ahead of me, I have enjoyed the past week and have been very much refreshed by it.



It also helps that David and I have a date planned for tonight and then lots more fun plans for the rest of the weekend. You will hear about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment