Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big Brother

So the past 4 or 5 days in Lexington the weather has been crazy.. lots of thunder, lightning, wind, and rain. Nothing too serious has hit us, but we have had lots of “tornado warnings”. David and I apparently really worried about these weather emergencies because whenever the national weather service issues one we are informed in every way possible. UK calls David and texts me, and they send me 2 emails. But the most bizarre thing that happens is that an automated voice comes over these speakers which are secretly hidden somewhere on our street and surrounding streets telling us about the weather emergency.


So creepy. I guess it takes a weather emergency to find out that there have been speakers and who knows what else surrounding you and your house all of this time. Here comes an announcement now… I can hear it through my windows. Hello, Big Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment