Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Big Day!

I am exhausted and my feet are swollen and I am barely able to hold my eyes open... but it is okay because today was a big day.

Today I passed my Master's Exam! I stood up in front of a committee of professors as well as some of my fellow graduate students and presented a research paper that I have been reading for the past few months. The committee then decided that I was worthy of receiving a Master's degree once I complete 30 hours of coursework, which I will have done by the Spring. It was overwhelming, exciting, stressful and definitely hard on my huge preggo body, but I am so glad that I did it this semester and got it over with. It is a proud moment for me for sure.

Also, today was the first day that a total stranger asked me when I was due. At first I thought, "Great, now I really know I look huge". But when I replied with my due date she looked surprised and responded, "Wow, you don't look that big at all! I would have guessed you weren't due till much later". It made me feel really good knowing that I don't look how I feel: like our little girl is going to come bursting through my tummy at any second.

It is crazy to be done with my master's exam. One more midterm to take, one more exam to proctor and grade, two finals to take... and then it is time for baby. The countdown is really getting short :)

1 comment: