Saturday, January 22, 2011

Black and Gold

I only have a few minutes to write today because homework is officially taking over my life… but I haven’t posted for a while and I definitely want to keep up the habit.



The subject for today is.. the Steelers! My most favorite sports team ever. For those of you who don’t know, they are an NFL (National Football League) team. And they are the best. No, really, the best. They have won the most super bowls of any team in the NFL. They have 6 Lombardi trophies while the next best team (the Cowboys) only have 5. And this year they are trying to win a 7th! Tomorrow night they are playing in the AFC Championship game (aka the semi-final game) against the New York Jets.



So you may be wondering why I love the Steelers. I mean, I was born in Kentucky, close to Cincinnati so the logical team to be a fan of would be the Bengals. However, the Bengals are awful, and my dad raised me right! He was born in Pittsburgh (the city of the Steelers) and has been a huge fan his whole life. Growing up I remember my family sitting down on Monday nights to watch football together. I knew the whole, “are you ready for some football?!?” song, and before I knew it, all the rules of football too. I love the tradition of watching the games together as a family, and it doesn’t hurt that the team I love is super exciting to watch. So many people who know me well are so surprised by how big of a fan I am.. but it is true. I LOVE NFL football!


No comments:

Post a Comment