Thursday, August 1, 2013

Off my chest

Just dropping in this morning to say hello...

I have 3 unfinished drafts currently sitting on the blog. One about weaning, another on Lydia's 18 month update, and the title and one sentence about my 14th week of pregnancy. They all seem a bit irrelevant now... So I think I will just move on. As much as I love having this blog for myself to look back on I probably just need to let go of the few months that I lost being so sick and just write about what is happening now. 

Lydia is weaned (and has been for 3 months). We went the cold turkey route not by choice but by necessity. After no eating for two weeks and then throwing up close to 20 times in 3 days David stepped in and insisted that we stop. He was right - I needed to be keeping any nutrients I had for me and the new baby - and it really wasn't too hard on Lydia. After a few days she no longer whined for it, and after two weeks there was no mention of it. This whole pregnancy has made me feel like I am losing my one baby to another... But I think that is a really natural thing to feel. Weaning Lydia definitely contributed a little to the sadness that comes along with this, but also allowed me to start to see her as the amazing big sister that she will be soon.

Lydia is now 19 1/2 months and is just a joy. Perhaps I will revise her update and start on her 20 month one ;)

And this pregnancy is going much better. I am sitting here drinking coffee after having a bowl of cereal and in a few minutes I will leave to go do yoga. The belly is growing and I have energy each day to do a reasonable amount of things. I have been feeling the baby move more and I try so hard to be still in those moments an soak in the gratitude. We will find out the gender in about three weeks and then we will start on a nursery which I am so excited about. Lydia never had an official nursery, and we are planning on finishing her room before the new baby comes as well. I am really looking forward to decorating our kids' (plural!!!) rooms and making our house feel more like a permanent home.

So, now I feel caught up and I hope you do too! I also hope you have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment