Friday, February 8, 2013

Home

Tomorrow we are meeting with a realtor! I am so unbelievably excited to start the process of buying a home, although we aren't planning on moving until May or June. I have been perusing houses online, researching school systems, dreaming of a kitchen (with a stove and a full sized fridge!!), and maybe looking through pinterest for some decorating ideas...

I am nervous to make the right decision. Buying a house seems like such a huge commitment!! I know - I am married and have a child, but somehow this decision just feels more intimidating, which is so silly. I guess I am nervous to regret this decision; that we will buy a house I think I love and then after a while I will find problems with it. There are so many things to consider and right now David and I are just so giddy about the possibility of a place of our own we don't care if there are granite counter tops, Jack and Jill sinks, or a finished basement.

I know we will find a great house - and that no matter where we end up we will make it our home. For sooooo many years now I have felt unsettled. During college there is always the awkward, "I am going home for the weekend", but then when you get there your room is gone and your friends are all busy. Even after David and I were married we were still in school, so our modest income could only afford the smallest of apartments. We had wonderful moments and have beautiful memories of these places, but we knew they were temporary.

This place will be forever... or at least for a while. And that is so exciting! We feel incredibly blessed to be taking this next step together and we would appreciate your prayers and positive vibes as we try to tackle all of the decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment