Saturday, February 23, 2013

14 months

As usual lately, this post is late. I have fallen out of the habit of writing somehow and I think it is a combination of things. First of all we are busy! It is tax season so David is gone Mon-Fri 7:45-6:45 and on Saturdays from 7:30-5, my job is ramping up because it is midterm, and we are spending some of our free time looking for houses. It is all good stuff, but our days are just packed full. Secondly, Lydia is just too much fun for me to sacrifice time with her for blogging. We go on walks, read books, dance around and do chores together, and when she naps I have been in the habit of doing my Best Body Bootcamp workouts. But, I do want to keep it somewhat updated - both for you and for me :)

14 months has just been awesome. Lydia has mastered moving and is now onto other things, like talking, feeding herself and learning. She is so, so smart and I feel like everyday she learns something new.
On this days she learned the word "hat".
Feeding herself some yogurt.

She is constantly fluctuating between wanting to be held and being little miss independent. She melts my heart when she walks up, raises her arms and says "up", and breaks it a little when she runs away from me without glancing back once.



 
These days Lydia LOVES to be outside - and she may throw a tantrum everyday it is below freezing since I refuse to let her out.
She has continued to imitate everything we do. She brushes her teeth each morning with us, likes to hold the dog leash when we walk, and usually practices her down dog each afternoon when she wakes up from her nap.
And her expressions... oh my goodness. This girl has looks that can kill, and looks that can make you crack up laughing.

Lydia is still taking 2 naps a day and is sleeping pretty well at night. She gets up SO early (around 5:30), but our whole family has to get up early this semester so it isn't a huge deal. Lydia still nurses 3-4 times a day, and eats solid food like crazy!

All in all Lydia is quite simply a joy! She is so sweet, smart and funny and I am more and more proud each day to be her mommy.









No comments:

Post a Comment